> It is recognizing the content fine and it's processing but I get this in the syslog:
> > Jun 7 00:30:41 d3photo_test_development systemd-udevd[2198]: Process '/usr/bin/udisksctl mount -b /dev/sdb1' failed with exit code 1.
>

> I'm completely lost. I can mount the drive just fine if I run the command that commented as failed in syslog.

Most likely a permissions issue. I just read after a quick search that the
program udisksctl interacts with a specific daemon process. You either have a
general permissions issue, or that daemon process is not there (unlikely given
that everything else works form your command-line).

(Allowing automounting of USB drives is just a serious security risk, especially
if you do not disallow execution of code from them; the default is typically to
disallow.  Manual mounting of drives with privileged software, like dolphin,
is a little better in my opinion.)