A year is a long time. I would have quit trying long before that.

I have not gone ot kernel 4 yet; I am still on 3. Really, until I need the
functionality of something new, I do not just do it for the sake of doing it.
Newest is not always better, and latest does not mean "bug-free." A colleague
has had an issue on an a particular HPC system and the latest HDF5 library.
He ended up spending a lot of time on it, and I even had to write a tester
for him to pass to the OpenGroup so that they can fix their distro. Distractions
I do not need...