> I do not know why I did, but I went and read the comments in the issue.
It
> looks like services were not running. And this problem listed as an issue
was
> on a version of the OS distro that had been upgraded.
>
> in your case, I would suggest looking at the logs for services starting
up or
> not starting up. The simple things first.
>
> Years ago I used to have issues like that, but somehow I grew older and
wiser.
> Easy to get there once you have made every mistake possible!

Now I'm not sure where to put those
service automountd start
service automount start

statements.  I tried adding them to rc.conf but that didn't work.

Also I installed xorg and lumina and ran startx.   That sort of
works, but doesn't give a bottom bar with a "start" button.  I can
right click on the desktop and get a menu of a few things.  When
I do that and start a terminal, I'm not able to resize it other than
making it full screen.   TrueOS for a while was really helpful to
me.  I hope they will get back after this transition they are going
through, but for now am thinking about trying GhostBSD.

Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.
http://webEbenezer.net