> > I've installed TrueOS stable 18.06 and am not finding
> > usb drives under /.autofs like in the past.  Do you have
> > any suggestions on that?   Thanks.
> >

> The answer from asomers here:
> https://github.com/trueos/trueos-core/issues/1493
>
> was helpful.

I do not know why I did, but I went and read the comments in the issue. It
looks like services were not running. And this problem listed as an issue was
on a version of the OS distro that had been upgraded.

In your case, I would suggest looking at the logs for services starting up or
not starting up. The simple things first.

Years ago I used to have issues like that, but somehow I grew older and wiser.
Easy to get there once you have made every mistake possible!