Take it easy though. Ryan Coleman didn't get to be so smart overnight.

________________________________
From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org <tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org> on behalf of Doug Reed <n0nas at amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 12:49 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] tclug-list Digest, Vol 147, Issue 4

Under Windows, I used to use the NewsBin reader program. It was great!
But they don't have a Linux version and I didn't want to fool with
WINE.  So what I'm currently using as a binary news reader is
SABnzbd+. I use it with my Usenetserver account and it works fine. But
I've never tried to post with it, I don't think it supports posting.

<http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/thunderbird.html>
[http://hj5g82xymr4kip0r4bbxg7uj.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/thunderbird.jpg]<http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/thunderbird.html>

Mozilla Thunderbird Newsreader - Newsgroup Reviews<http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/thunderbird.html>
www.newsgroupreviews.com
Mozilla's Thunderbird allows you to easily view and post to text newsgroups. Learn more about the news reader and setup instructions.

<http://www.fastusenet.org/thunderbird-tutorial.html>
Thunderbird Usenet Newsreader Setup Tutorial - Fast Usenet<http://www.fastusenet.org/thunderbird-tutorial.html>
www.fastusenet.org
Setup Thunderbird As Usenet Newsreader. Step 1: Download Mozilla Thunderbird from the official homepage here. Step 2: Launch the newly downloaded .exe setup file and ...

The first link just confirms Thunderbird can be your newsreader. The
second link is how one service provider wants Thunderbird setup for
use with their servers. It should provide a fairly complete idea of
how you need to set it up for grc.com. Step 9 specifically sets up
account name and password for remote server access.

Since you are already using Thunderbird, I doubt you'd gain anything
by switching to Seamonkey for combined browser-email-newsreader......

Doug Reed.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

"When seconds count, help is only minutes away."
Does Gun Control protect you, the criminal, or the Government?