Yeah, I'm the product, but I'm the product even when I'm the customer!
 It's inescapable in the era of big data.  We have to fight
exploitation legislatively.  Not being the product means not
participating fully in modern society and spending a lot of time
checking everything.  It's really not possible to avoid it.

Mike