Please don't involve me in this. There are some important daemons, and
other problem daemons. All I referred to was turning well known
pre-configured daemons off using standard tools of my preferred distro.
If you don't know what daemons you are brewing and what they are doing
you are doing very different things on Linux than I am; trying to get
microsecond accuracy. But learning linux is for everybody, and I'm glad
you had a good discussion with our group.