John, given that this got heated, I did some reading to try and see where
you are coming from.

I think the best part about runit (should you care to know my opinion) is
that you can run user-level (per user) processes as services. You can
combine this with containers and jailing processes and you can do some
pretty crazy stuff. This last part is worth looking into for some things
I have in mind for software-as-a-service. And monit can possibly do the
auditing.

I guess I gained something from this, which may have turned the thread into
a waste of only your time! (Take it easy dude; I am joking.)