> I do feel a little better having said that!

That's what I was expecting to read while scrolling down!

Hey, for a free OS that, at least, installed correctly the first time, we should
have no coomplaints... How spoiled are we in the First World! (But this sort
of rant would come from an Ubuntu user!)

rhayman said recently that he uses only latest TLS and suggested the 16.xx.
I hope you made a backup before installing this 17.xx release. With Linux it
is very easy to go back to what you had working as if nothing ever happened.
learn how to do that before doing anything else. My 2 euro-cents.