> Things change though.  One day you are employed or in college.  The
> next you are laid off or have dropped out of school.  Michael Dell dropped
> out of college and still did OK.  Someone may not have much interest until
> they need to make a living.

Dell was, literaly, one in 7 billion. Read Malcolm Gladwell's "Outliers" on
some insight on randomness, chance and (unlikely) success.

For making a living, there are less esoteric ways of doing it, and for that
I direct you to Tim Ferris' "The Four Our Work Week" (I have not read his
latest book).

For those who try to break in an industry, I recommend "Crossing the Chasm,"
which may be of great interest to you Brian, and may help push your product
through.

On a related note, "The Rebel Sell" (no spelling error) was an amazing book,
written by the critics of also a decent book: "No Logo."

OK, back to work.