I liked Dee's points.

I am sure there are cybersecurity experts among us, and reading this list, so
I am looking forward to some ideas.

My biggest concerns comes from the behavioural part of a computer user, not so
much from the software aspect. This may seem unrelated, but go and read how
Kevin Mitnick got access to systems back in the 90s. And a more relevant read
is how the twitter handle "N" was taken away from its rightful user due to
a single point of failure from Paypal. That was a damn fascinating read.

My point is that one cannot rely on software alone to be protected. Linux has
many good tools, like encrypted containers, etc. With some care so that there
are no back-door access gains when servers are virtualized, those can be very
secure. All my hard-drives have encrypted containers, and your swap partitions
should be too...

As for billions of accounts hacked, it is hard not to be part of this. Most
people's email is handled by a third party, with exceptions of course. To the
extent that one is careful with their passwords not being re-used, those kind
of breaches should not be a huge problem. Now, avoiding password re-use is a
whole different story... Guilty I am!

My 2 euro-cents.