I co-founded a group called CryptoPartyMN a while back.

https://www.cryptopartymn.com/
https://twitter.com/CryptoPartyMN

We've done a number of parties so far. We also meet every other week in
Minneapolis. There's also a slack channel for the group that was
recently made.

This isn't the view of the group, but I personally believe that FOSS
(Free and Open Source Software) is the crucial foundation on which
secure software must be built.

Two messaging apps I'd like to name drop are Conversations (Android) and
ChatSecure (iOS). They both use OMEMO+XMPP, which I really think is
going to become the new bedrock standard for secure communication.
Conversations is free if you download it using the F-Droid App Store and
use a free server like DuckDuckGo. ChatSecure is about to release OMEMO
support in their upcoming 4.0 but they have a beta version out right now
that uses it. If you want to use OMEMO+XMPP on Gnu+Linux, there's a 3rd
party Gajim plugin.

In Solidarity,
Kurtis

Iznogoud: