Greetings

I'm hoping that someone out there has achieved success and can point me to
some pointers!

I bought a Brother MFC-J6510DW largely because it can scan 11 x 17 inch
documents (I have too many like that that I would like to get into
electronic format!!).

I can see the machine as a printer but cannot get the machine to scan a
page. I have installed XSane 1.0.24 backend and XSane1.0.14 frontend. Tried
running the ethernet cable through the router (a la network usage) and
can't get anything useful to occu. I have also tried running the ethernet
cable directly into my main machine (Debian testing) with also no joy. Have
also contacted Brother support and although their website and the stickers
on the machine laud their online chat and telephone support for linux its
email support (if they can be bothered! (they are taking a very long time
to respond!!)).

Any suggestions?

TIA

Dee