Ok, so one of the drives in my ZFS pool is faulty.

Now I know I've replaced a drive before, but for some reason I'm kind of
blanking and all the examples are for /dev/sd???, and I've had my zpool
use the werid names since then, and since I have Linda on the list I
figured it'd be crazy NOT to ask (;

So right now my devices all look like this:

   ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68AX9N0_WD-WMC1T2556461

Which is convenient since I can pull it out and look at the serial number.
And I'm sure I can go:

   # zpool replace media ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68AX9N0_WD-WMC1T2556461

and it'll start moving stuff off there.

But... I don't remember how I then get that drive out, and then how I add
the new one, and how I find that insane long device name for the new
device.

SECONDARY QUESTION: Would it be a better idea to add the new drive (I have
a free SATA port, it wouldn't be in my array but the server would see it
as /dev/sdj), let it do the replacement live, and THEN remove the old one
and put the new disc in the array?

If so, again, how do I get the "new" device name? Or should I just go

   # zpool replace media ata-WDC_WD30EFRX-68AX9N0_WD-WMC1T2556461 /dev/sdj

I think that should actually detach the old drive for me, too, and then
all I'd have to do is tell ZFS to 'translate' the device name? If that's
the better solution, can someone remind me how to make it translate the
name? (:

Thanks!