> Can you send photos or post them on someplace like IMGUR please? Have you tried running
> the board outside of your case, but on a piece of cardboard or hardwood bench? You could
> even have a short in the case that you didn’t see (the most common issue IMO).

Pull the board and check this.... IIRC, at one point, you said you were surprised to see
that the case came with the risers already in place for the board.....

Since they didn't know what board you were putting in, its very possible you have an extra
riser somewhere, shorting something. Pull the board, triple check that the risers are only
where they are supposed to be (and  you have a screw in each one)

Reinstall the board, CPU, and heatsink.  No RAM, nothing else. Start it up, see if you get
the same error.  (It may fail with a no memory failure, but this is likely a good thing,
if it gets past CPU check)  Don't run for long without a fan.

Someone else suggested you could run without a heat sink as well... make sure you don't
run long like this... granted, Intel chips are pretty good about thermal protecting
themselves these days... but you still risk letting the magic smoke out.

I share the frustration.. one of the last ones I built was using all 8 slots for RAM...
turned out, 3 of the RAM modules I had were bad - one was a hard fault - wouldn't even
post with it installed, and two of the others had subtle errors that memtest found.  It
took a long time to narrow down the problematic components....

Also, you do have the Aux power hooked up from the power supply to the MB, right (the 8
pin one on top of the MB)

For my own curiosity... why on earth is this board so expensive? Because they put the word
"server" in the title?

Dan