> On Jul 18, 2015, at 1:39 PM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Previously I wrote:
> > I saw that there were two things inside of a white circle and
> > it said "clrmos2" or something like that, but I wasn't sure what
> > to do with those two things and still don't know.
>
> I figured out from some duckduckgoing that I could clear
> the cmos by using a screwdriver and touching those two
> things at the same time.
Good. Always try on your own first.

> I tried that several times and still
> got the "00" code after it booted.

>> Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then
>> clear CMOS.

Remove the cooler. Remove the fan. seat the CPU. Turn on the board. Does it still say 00? *DO NOT LEAVE IT LIKE THIS FOR LONG* as you will burn out the CPU (if you haven’t already). You might have also burned out the motherboard.

Troubleshooting: strip it down the the minimum: a little RAM, the CPU, a video card (if you need it) and nothing more.

> Another time when I was
> touching those things with the screwdriver, the machine turned
> on by itself without me pushing the power button, but that
> resulted in the same thing.

Yes, there’s another spot on the board that will allow you to start/stop the computer in the same way. But if you touched more than just those two leads you might have made things worse.

> One thought I had was taking the cpu over to someone's
> with an lga 1150 motherboard.  I wouldn't mind letting you
> put the cpu in place.  I'm hoping to get some good news and
> find that at least the cpu is fine.  Any volunteers?

Can you send photos or post them on someplace like IMGUR please? Have you tried running the board outside of your case, but on a piece of cardboard or hardwood bench? You could even have a short in the case that you didn’t see (the most common issue IMO).