I got all the parts now and am trying to build the system.
When I power it on I get code "00" on a led.   According to
the motherboard debug info, that means:
Please check if the CPU is installed correctly and then
clear CMOS.

I thought that the two notches on the cpu were lined up
with the two things on the motherboard.  I tried lining up
the gold triangle on the cpu with something on the
motherboard but I didn't see a similar triangle on the
motherboard.  Now I'm hoping I haven't messed up
the cpu or the motherboard.  What to try next?  One bit of
good news was that the cpu fan was on the whole time.

I've removed the heat sink and am looking at the cpu
and it looks to me like those notches are lined up right.
I wasn't sure if I was putting the memory in the right
slot.  I put it in the slot furthest from the cpu/socket.
I read the motherboard manual on the memory, but
still wasn't sure.

Someone may ask me to take a picture, but I don't
have a cell phone contract for that.  Tia.  Please reply
to me directly.

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises - In G-d we trust.