CPU sockets are usually ZIF, or Zero Insertion Force, sockets. That means
the CPU will just drop in without you having to apply ANY preassure. The
CPU will ABSOLUTELY NOT go in the wrong way. You would break/bend pins if
you tried.

So... try clearing the CMOS, like it says. There's usually a jumper on the
motherboard for that.

I don't understand what you mean by needing a cellphone contract to take a
picture. If it has a camera, you can take a picture, and surely you can
transfer files off your phone to the computer?...