Can I get free and unlimited WiFi hotspot operation by unblocking that in my
Sprint Galaxy SII?  Online info on rooting, etc is not clear on the points
of unblocking AND being undetected by Sprint.  Might be a few other things
I'd like to "fix" as well, but restoring ability to do a wireless hotspot
free and unlimited as in earlier Sprint Android versions on this phone is
what I most want.

Sprint has 3rd party WiFi apps blocked in the SII with their Android 4.1.2
release, and seems to have tether monitoring (an OS feature) so this type of
data usage is not in my otherwise unlimited data plan.  I can do tethered
internet access with PDAnet, and have never been notified by Sprint, but a
friend used it lots more and Sprint made her buy their WiFi service or pay a
large back billing service fee (I think she has a different Android phone).

Chuck