I've installed Linux Mint (Rebecca) to get a different experience other
than RPM based systems.

Watching this Tor presentation I decided to play around with oonie by
installing it using this script:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOwYgAS4TXE

https://ooni.torproject.org/install.sh

The script isn't written for Linux Mint but I've been modifying it to get
it working for my system.

I've gathered that Linux Mint Rebecca == Ubuntu Utopic Unicorn, is that
correct?

My question is can one interchangeably use Ubuntu repositories with Linux
Mint?

I understand that one can't or should not use CentOS 5 with CentOS 6
packages. However, I can use EPEL on Red Hat, and so on.

Does that work the same with Debian based systems?

Unicorn isn't listed as one of the distro versions.

What will happen if I run one of these two commands on Linux Mint?

        sudo apt-add-repository "deb $TOR_DEB_REPO $DISTRO_VERSION main"
        sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
$DISTRO_VERSION universe"

Hopefully I am asking the right questions?

Thanks,
SDA