On Fri Aug 7 Mike Miller mbmiller+l at gmail.com wrote:

>This is something I wish I had.  This program would take as input (1) an
>audio file, (2) a text file with a list of images, and times and it would
>then play the audio file while displaying the images at the listed times.
>The text input might look like this:
>
>0:00 image1.jpg
>0:37 image2.jpg
>1:27 image3.jpg
>
>So the audio would start with image1.jpg displayed, then at 0:37 it would
>switch to image2.jpg and at 1:27 it would switch to image3.jpg.  I can
>think of a few cool bells and whistles to add to that.
>
>Does such a thing exist?
>
>Another idea would be to have the program read in that info and create a
>video file (e.g., MP4) that plays the audio and shows the images at the
>designated times.
>
>It is important to be able to use this on all common OSs like Windows, OS
>X and Linux.
>
>Any ideas?

I'd be interested in something like this too - particularly if it
could be played back over the web.

A few years ago a Danish cousin presented a slide show at a family reunion.
I got the images and had made a recording of his narration (in English
the the description with the copy of the images was in Danish...)
intending to share it over the net.  I never found a very satisfactory
way to do this.  The described system would be great.

Tho I failed to capture the timing and the laser pointer...
I prefer the slideshow format over video because the quality of the images
is generally much better.

Fred (who subscribes in no mail mode so direct copy of replies appreciated)

--
I support Bernie Sanders for President