I have used PhotoFilmStrip on Xubuntu to make a stop motion video with
the kids. (Didn't see any sound option but once you have the video it is
pretty easy to add sound with ffmepg )

I believe some of the video editing program can also do that.... I know
I have seen it in one of them before but it has been a long time since I
messed with one.  Could of been in the cd/dvd burning program also ?

==>brian.