You've got two things working against you here:

The minus sign is a signal to remove whatever it precedes from the results.
So, when searching for option flags, remove the - or -- characters.

A while back, Google demoted quotation marks. Previously, it denoted a
required term. Now, it only signals an especially desired term.

Bing is much better than it used to be, so it is my fallback choice.
Still, I think that Google still has the best general purpose search
engine.

Thomas