I've have been using
https://www.ixquick.com/
recently.  I made it my home page and default browser search engine.

I like the theory and it works well (searches multiple engines
simultaneously and anonymously).  However, sometimes I found the results
insufficient and then tried Google... yes, the Google ones were usually
better in those situations.  "da goog" just knew better what I was looking
for... either that or the link ranking of mashing multiple sites reduced
the more relevant links.

It has a sister site:
https://startpage.com/
that searches anonymously as ixquick does but uses only Google.

Refer to the About links on each site for info...