On 2014.07.06 15:15, Samael Anon wrote:
> PCBSD?
http://www.pcbsd.org/

It's a distribution of FreeBSD that comes with a bunch of desktop goodies (like
DEs and graphical system configuration utilities) and is preconfigured to work
as a desktop system. Underneath, it still has the FreeBSD base system, so
you're still getting things like pf and ZFS (and of course, there are graphical
tools for doing things with ZFS included).
KDE is the default DE, but others like GNOME/MATE and Xfce and such are
available and officially supported.

BTW, since I'm doing a talk on FreeBSD at the November meeting, I want to ask:
is there a lot of interest in PC-BSD? I had planned on saying a few things
about it, but I can prepare something more substantial if people are really
interested in it.