On Wed, 29 Jan 2014, Tom Poe wrote:

> Some are using the logic that people are killed over cell phones.  I
> haven't heard any support that a kill switch deters further thefts or
> deaths.

If no stolen phone can ever be used again because all of them have been
killed, then they have no value to a thief and they won't be stolen.

I think that's pretty obvious, but I'm not sure of how they can do it.
If someone steals a phone and turns it off right way, then nothing's going
to kill it, right?  It might then be sold and shipped to Hong Kong.  Are
way saying that there is no way that it can then be used in Hong Kong
because of the kill switch?  I just don't understand how that switch works
-- what triggers it, and what is switching?

Mike