I will pipe in that it is still 8.2 based, ESXi is no longer an option (but you can download 2.0 and upgrade to 2.1 and beyond - when the time comes).
I suspect the drivers will only come out if someone writes them - or they upgrade the build to 9 (and I think there’s a reason they haven’t… I want NetGate to ship with 32GB card instead of a 4GB but they ship what pfSense has images for; grr).

I have no need for built-in wireless. That’s where external multi-SSID PoE-based routers come into play. I’m going to write an interface that allows updating password for the bar, we don’t need them for the offices or retail. And I definitely don’t want it for my home (which is all Apple products anyway).

The big loser is the lack of APCUPSd support. I wish I could get it to work without breaking the firewall itself. NUT is nice but not perfect. I’m still working with it to see how to properly monitor in a bigger network. It will do the job, probably better, I just have to figure it out first.