I was running the 2.1 release, IPv6 is good for tunneling and basic setups, but it was unusable in bridged mode with an existing radvd.  I think
it was a firewall rule issue, but after trying for a few days, I just gave up.

I was using a Atheros based wireless chipset that didn't have drivers until FreeBSD 9.x, and I believe pfSense is still 8.2 based.  Card was
recognized, but I couldn't assign addresses or bring it up.  Other cards might behave nicer, just my experience.  Bought a B/G card that's been
running fine since then, but rebuilding with Linux will let me use the B/G/N.