TCLUG,
I had a drive fail in a server that is setup with Ubuntu Software Raid 1.
Replaced the drive, partioned and reformatted.
Plugged it in and it seemed to rebuild.
I have 2 partitions on each. ! for / and one for swap.
The swap would not add back in to the raid configuration. Said size to small.
So went back in to resize the partiion and wiped out the boot record and now will not boot up.
Using a Live CD was able to get a boot info script.
Tried to re-add grub, said OK but now wants grub rescue???
Did I say this was an interesting learning experience :-)
The drives are the same type and size. The partitions by number of blocks are still not exactly the same size.
Could wipe it out and start over, but what fun is that.
Any thoughts???
Tom

Thomas Rieff
GreenCare