On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Mike Miller wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Yaron wrote:
>
>> At this point, I'd wait for the next Nexus.
>
> How long of a wait is that?

Rumours are LG stopped making the Nexus 4 because they're working on the
next one. I kinda wish HTC would make them again...

> Good to know, but what is the absolute top of the line?

Well, the Nexus 4 /is/ amazing, hardware-wise. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is
pretty good too. The HTC Droid DNA has an amazing screen.... it's all
about what you want.

I'd be all over the HTC One X+ if it didn't have phsyical buttons.

Also, for me, a requirement is a CyanogenMod port.

> They did that with the Palm Pre, too.  I wondered why.  Is it because they
> want to push us into using "cloud" storage?  I think so, but that doesn't
> work when you don't have a good internet connection.

Their story is that having external storage "confuses" people.

I can kinda see that - this is why I say the Nexus 4 is more geared
towards people like my mom than people like me. Don't get me wrong, my mom
got a Samsung Galaxy S3 and /despite/ my advice, she unlocked, rooted and
put CyanogenMod on it on her own. But having separate internal storage and
external storage does confuse her a bit sometimes and makes it more
difficult for her to find where exactly things are.

>> That said, the Nexus 4 /was/ a lot cheaper off-contract than anything even
>> remotely comperable.
> I'll have to think about that, too.  I'm not in much of a hurry, though, so I
> can take some time to see what develops.

Won't T-Mobile sell it off-contract? I thought they were doing that now.

I've been with T-Mobile for almost a decade, but I never buy my phones
from them.