I ended up buying the Nexus 4 today, but it looks like T-Mobile charged me
$500 for it even though I was signing a 2-year contract.  I probably
should have said "no" to that "deal," which in retrospect makes no sense.
If Google sells an unlocked Nexus 4 with 16GB memory for $350, how can I
be paying $500 *and* signing a 2-year contract?  Isn't the contract
supposed to bring the price down?  I might just return it, on principal,
pay their $50 restocking fee, and live without a phone for awhile to see
if I really need one.

Mike