At this point, I'd wait for the next Nexus.

I've had Nexus phones since the Nexus One - but since the Galaxy Nexus
(which I have now) I believe that I (and by extension, other geeks/nerds)
are no longer the target audience for the Nexus line.

They're no longer the absoutely Top Of The Line phone, for one, and the
cardinal sin is that they don't have expandable memory. The Nexus 4 is
limited to 16GB of internal storage, with no way to expand. This makes me
sad as I've already filled up the 16GB on my Galaxy Nexus.

That said, the Nexus 4 /was/ a lot cheaper off-contract than anything even
remotely comperable.