On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Michael Moore <stuporglue at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there other lines of laptops with good reputations for being
> sturdy? Should I just wait it out to get the Thinkpad?

Toshiba. I have some ancient Pentium MMX Satellites still going strong
after all kinds of abuse. No other brand besides IBM has lasted so
long in my somewhat clumsy hands. (But beware the Compal OEM-ed
models, though I dunno if they do that anymore...)

And of course ASUS is currently the Cadillac of laptops these days.
Just bought my wife a G-series and it's built like a tank, looks like
a stealth bomber, and weighs about as much as one... (Which replaced a
new low end Dell that died after a year.)