I have always enjoyed IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads (started with a "60" in last century), although the T410/T420/W520 seem a little less "stiff" in their LCD frame.  The W520 has had a problem for us in that their "combo" USB port doesn't seem to handle v2.0 devices.  The "v2.0 only" USB port that is provided works fine.

I've been wishing for a W530 myself, mainly because it's their first machine that will handle 32GB and also RAID 0 with 7200 RPM drives.  Along with nicer video graphics, this bumps the price to almost $2500 though.

I've bough Sony Vaios for 2 college age children, the most recent was last summer.  Both seemed solid enough for the price (around $800-900 if I remember correctly).

+Dan Gawarecki+                            Desk:  (952) 988-1801
(gav - a - ret -  skee)                        Secura Lab:     (952) 988-1511
Software Test                                    mailto:  dan_gawarecki at datacard.com<mailto:dan_gawarecki at datacard.com>

"Whatever you do make sure it improves society. Don't just do it for the sake of profit."
                                            -Dr. Joseph M. Juran, American expert on quality (1904 - 2008)

NOTICE - This message and any attachment(s) are for authorized use by the intended recipient(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information.  Unless you are an intended recipient, you may not use, copy, retain, or disclose to anyone any information contained in this message and any attachment(s).  If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please immediately contact the sender and delete this message and any attachment(s).