Fzilla:

Sorry about the scattergun approach. I was trying to provide as much
context as possible for dealing with the main question: why didn't
Debian figure out the Thinkpad wifi requirements? I've installed
slackware, red hat, and a couple of buntu's and the wifi always worked
except when some other drivers were need to support wifi on an external
dongle. The t-61 is a fairly modern device and I would expect the latest
version of Debian to include whatever was needed to support it. I've
downloaded some driver and diagnostic stuff from the Lenovo site before
but I didn't see any linux tarballs there.
The install asked only for dvd's one and two. Is it possible the info I
need is on one of the other ones?

Thanks,

Ed