Wow, you're kind of all over the place over here, and nothing in your
message actually asks about Win7 interacting with Linux, so I'm not sure
what questions you have about that.

You can download drivers for any Lenovo laptop from Lenovo's website,
perhaps that will help. Debian should be able to read NTFS partitions so
you can download and save stuff through Windows.

You can probably nuke the thinkpad reserved partition (if Windows isn't
using it, I'm not 100% sure) and technically you COULD move /usr over
there, but you obviously can't do that while the system is running. You'd
have to boot from a live distribution, format (if you haven't done that
already), copy everything over, and modify your system's /etc/fstab to
reflect the new location for /usr.