I installed squeeze along side win 7 enterprise 64bit (after resizing
win 7 partition to be a couple of gigs larger than what it was currently
using) and most things seemed to go as planned except for Debian
recognizing the wifi transceiver (this on a t61 Thinkpad). I do have the
8 dvd Debian distro but I can't use apt-get or aptitude as far as I
know. I need the wifi to work on this machine since I still have only
dial up at home. During install Debian asked for wifi external media to
help with drivers or something but I skipped this step since I don't
have any Lenovo stuff for this system (bought used on Craigslist). Any
suggestions? Grub is on the mbr of the win 7 partition, I think. Also,
what about the dedicated Thinkpad 6 gig partition? Can I mount this? Can
I rededicate it as /user in the Debian file hierarchy after reformatting it?

Thanks,

Ed.