On Sun, 20 May 2012, Craig Rosenblum wrote:

> I am already working on a web-based movie player page, as an alternative
> to using software, based on a bash script that generates html based
> pages that allow me to scroll through local movies and then play them.
> Not done yet, but getting closer.

By "local" do you mean on local drives?  Are they DVD ISOs or MPEG files
or what?

> I love working on bash scripts. And I was always a big fan of automating
> things on windows, so I look forward to learn how to do automation in
> linux.

I guess it's kinda like this:

dos batch --> bash script
scheduler --> crontab

I'm sure the suggestion to learn python or perl was a good one, but I do a
lot in bash and I think it is very worth knowing.  It helps a lot to have
bash skills when you need to do something quickly from the command line.
You can do a lot with bash.

Welcome to the club.

Mike