They are local files only. I have used xbmc, and wide variety of other
media center apps, and wanted for fun, amusement, and to see if i can, to
create a light weight alternative.

In the bash script you specify your movie folder and a folder where all the
www files will be stored. Then the bash script parses and creates all the
necessary html, js files.

I am in middle of switching my coding from just generated straight html to
generating json data that can be used in several places.

As I said this is a work in progress, and I still have a lot of work to get
it really 100% looking nice, and error-free, and so forth. Then I will make
it available open source.