Before on the window's side there were a plethora of tools, to massage the
movie data. ember media manager, yamm, long list.

So eventually on my 2nd hd drive, i have a movies folder, and each movie
has it's own folders.

Now in linux i found this sweet app called "Subdownloader" that is
reasonably easy to download subtitles for movies. I like subtitles because
i am both hearing impaired, and plus some of the videos I watch are asian,
so i like to read.
Although I would love to be able to figure out how to download subtitles
via bash.

All movie associated files have the same file name as the folder name,
except different file extensions of course. So there will be a folder
called "A History of Violence (2005)" and the files will be "A History Of
Violence (2005).avi, A History Of Violence (2005).nfo, A History Of
Violence (2005).srt" etc.

 Another of my projects is to help take all the stuff i've learned to help
create a totally bash based movie data massager.

I love how all the different plugin's of xbmc can add, stuff to the movie
folders, like fanart, posters, subtitles, actor photos, youtube trailers,
etc. I want to be able to do the same thing for all my videos. just
automate it to make the movie playing experience rich with data.

yeah media is the juice of today, and being able to play media on any
device, on any network is what is cool.

Although it is a major pain in the ass to get the data so perfect that it
plays everywhere.

And the reason I went web-based is that apps like xbmc can be really
performance draining. I love them I love all the features, but there has to
be a lighter-weight way to deliver video content to my pc.

Wish you all a great morning!