On Sun, 22 Jan 2012, Jeff Jensen wrote:

> To get started, have a server with a lot of free disk space (you know
> video is huge), order HDHomeRun, setup MythTV.

The Silicon Dust site says 4-8 GB/hour.  Does that sound right?  I have a
few TB of space on several drives, so I should be OK for awhile, maybe
even until the HDD prices come back down to where they were this summer.

> For us, I ran a 25 foot VGA/audio cable from the family room PC to the
> big screen.
>
> We use MythWeb for our scheduling interaction, and MythTV Player for
> watching (it's a windoze pc).

I have an Ubuntu box hooked up to my HDTV via DVI-to-HDMI cable.  It's
working great for watching DVD ISOs and web stuff.  So I guess I have that
part solved.

There will be plenty more to figure out.

Thanks for the pointers.

Mike