Yes, MythTV works great.  Been using it for about 3 years.  Silicon
Dust HDHomeRun is definitely the way to go...

To get started, have a server with a lot of free disk space (you know
video is huge), order HDHomeRun, setup MythTV.
You should review the MythTV user list for the very common question of
what's needed, as well as how others have setup a viewing PC/TV.

For us, I ran a 25 foot VGA/audio cable from the family room PC to the
big screen.
We use MythWeb for our scheduling interaction, and MythTV Player for
watching (it's a windoze pc).