On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:29 AM, Brian Wood <woodbrian77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Erik Anderson
> > No, but I suspect that's due to the fact that learning the few
> > command-line flags for tunneling is a bit higher learning curve than
> > most people are willing to put up with. That said, ssh tunnelling is
> > *immensely* useful for day-to-day development/sysadmin type
> > activities.
>
> I think I can supply the commands in a script.
>
> ssh -f -N -L 44489:localhost:56789 ebenezer at webEbenezer.net
>
> (I wrote that from memory so may not be right.)
>
> I see github has an automated way to take your public
> ssh key --
> https://help.github.com/articles/generating-ssh-keys
> .
> I won't have anything like that for awhile so am wondering
> how to take those from users.  I guess sending them in an
> email will work to begin with.
> I figured out to use the command="/bin/bash -r" in the
> authorized_keys file.  I couldn't find info about the syntax
> for that file.  I found examples that showed different features,
> but not a reference.
>
> I struggle with the sysadmin/config stuff so thoughts
> on how to improve things there are appreciated.  To
> modify my request for examples of services that use
> tunneling, I'd like to find examples that are smaller/
> less automated than github.

Am still looking for some other examples.

When I start a tunnel, 3 ssh related processes show up.
When I kill the tunnel, those 3 processes go away.
Can someone tell me why 3 processes are used and if
there's a way to reduce it to 2 processes?

--
Brian
Ebenezer Enterprises  -- so far G-d has helped us.