From: Erik Anderson
> No, but I suspect that's due to the fact that learning the few
> command-line flags for tunneling is a bit higher learning curve than
> most people are willing to put up with. That said, ssh tunnelling is
> *immensely* useful for day-to-day development/sysadmin type
> activities.

I think I can supply the commands in a script.

ssh -f -N -L 44489:localhost:56789 ebenezer at webEbenezer.net

(I wrote that from memory so may not be right.)

I see github has an automated way to take your public
ssh key --
https://help.github.com/articles/generating-ssh-keys
.
I won't have anything like that for awhile so am wondering
how to take those from users.  I guess sending them in an
email will work to begin with.
I figured out to use the command="/bin/bash -r" in the
authorized_keys file.  I couldn't find info about the syntax
for that file.  I found examples that showed different features,
but not a reference.

I struggle with the sysadmin/config stuff so thoughts
on how to improve things there are appreciated.  To
modify my request for examples of services that use
tunneling, I'd like to find examples that are smaller/
less automated than github.
--
Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises