On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Erik Mitchell <erik.mitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> At my POE, we have a saying that "your brand is what you did when *dot
> dot dot*". Where the "dot dot dot" means "fill in the blank."

Yah, MS has definitely shot themselves in the foot multiple times in
the past, and are likely to do so again if they keep the Windows 8 UI
and licensing the way they are currently. We'll have to see...

> Erik, I think it reflects on how tremendously fair and objective YOU
> are that you actually notice this about Windows 7. However, being a M$
> user against my will for years, I feel I have a right to still feel
> jaded about how I've been treated as a customer and user.

Yes, that's absolutely fair.

> So my point is: I wouldn't go so far as to say that people are
> spreading misinformation. Rather, I'd say you've enlightened us with
> this bit of information. I think it's quite interesting.

That was probably the curmudgeon in me coming out. :)

I just wanted to provide an example of where Windows is not
necessarily as bloated as some may think.

-Erik