At my POE, we have a saying that "your brand is what you did when *dot
dot dot*". Where the "dot dot dot" means "fill in the blank."

We're saying this a lot at my POE, because we have some brand-repair to do.

Microsoft also has to deal with the same reality with regard to their
brand, and I would say they have more than enough power to improve the
OEM experience for customers. If the general perception is that
Windows is bloated, I would say that there's some validity to that.
Maybe it's not directly Microsoft's fault, but too bad. That's
business. They have a long standing relationship with their OEM's and
it's within their power to improve customers' experience such that the
perception of M$ products improves.

Erik, I think it reflects on how tremendously fair and objective YOU
are that you actually notice this about Windows 7. However, being a M$
user against my will for years, I feel I have a right to still feel
jaded about how I've been treated as a customer and user.

So my point is: I wouldn't go so far as to say that people are
spreading misinformation. Rather, I'd say you've enlightened us with
this bit of information. I think it's quite interesting.

That is all.

-Erik