What options are available for access to the Internet?  Verizon data
> cards/prepaid cards, right?  Are there different levels of quality, like
> one card provides higher broadband?  Any recommendations as to what
> cards to purchase?

I also use my Android phone and an app called OpenGarden. OpenGarden allows
me to use my phone as a wifi hotspot.  The equipment and services for
cellular data from most vendors are expensive, too expensive for me  on top
of my phone plan anyway.

> Also, I need to identify a public access station that I can walk through
> the door, and apply to check out high quality video equipment.
>
> Last request.  Who knows how to set up a virtual world (Open Source)?
> Thanks, Tom

St Paul College has been using Open Wonderland
<http://openwonderland.org/>for virtual class rooms and meetings. Open
source and written in Java and
licensed under the GPL V2 with Classpath Exception. It works pretty well
other than some audio chat hardware issues recently.