If you're looking for mobile broadband, I would look into the MiFi and
similar devices or a smart phone that can create a WiFi hot spot
(Additional tethering plan is usually required for AT&T and Verizion,
possibly Sprint as well. I think T-Mobile says just go for it).

The MiFi has the length and width of a credit card, but is a bit
thicker. It creates a WiFi connection for your laptop and other
802.11b/g devices to connect to, and provide internet access via the
carriers 3G and 4G services. No drivers or special software required,
so you can get online with anything that speaks 802.11 and have the
added bonus of a WiFi network between your connected devices. It
supports up to 5 simultaneous devices.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
IT Outhouse Blog Thing | http://www.itouthouse.com