> And qmail doesn't do IPv6, which will kill it as soon as IPv6 becomes
> popular (which, last time I checked, was scheduled to occur in 2112,
> only 101 short years from now). Does postfix?
>
> John

Postfix 2.2 introduces support for the IPv6 (IP version 6) protocol. IPv6
support for older Postfix versions was available as an add-on patch.
Though RedHat 5.x is not in the supported list.
http://www.postfix.org/IPV6_README.html#compat

And yes Qmail does use Perl scripts for managing spam assassin daemon.
Thanks John

> Simply ensuring reverse DNS to a valid domain on HELO cuts the spam
> load considerably.
I will implement reverse DNS lookups thank you.
I did find a good security article for Postfix.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/filtering-e-mail-postfix-and-procmail-part-one

It looks like I will be using Postfix as per recommendation, and the fact
that it comes standard on RedRat. Yaron has a very convincing story about
the woes of Qmail. With colored commentary and a high emphasis on
THOUSANDS! That really made me chuckle THOUSANDS! Thanks man.
I am not sure Qmail skills are widely appreacted as Postfix. I have dug in
a little into Qmail. I think Postfix would be a better place to start for
me.
Thank you all for you sage advice.
,Ron