> My company ,E-commerce based business, is running Q-mail and has a spam
> issue. The server is Redhat and, I am wondering why the hosting provider
> would choose Qmail over Postfix? From what I can see it looks like Qmail
> is a perl program and the daemon running is perl. Is this more secure than
> Postfix? I am inheriting this problem and would like to use postfix and
> spam assassin. Apparently there is a bug in the latest version of spam
> assassin and I have to roll back versions. Please let me know what you
> think. Thank you, Ron

Qmail is C, not perl, but it has a convenient interface that lets
you run perl scripts to do spam filtering.

I've been running qmail for 12+ years. It is incredibly secure, but
I'm not happy with the spam filtering either. You can set up spam
assassin with qmail if you want. I don't have the time to do it.

And qmail doesn't do IPv6, which will kill it as soon as IPv6 becomes
popular (which, last time I checked, was scheduled to occur in 2112,
only 101 short years from now). Does postfix?

John